|Debt Collection Fees||Price|
|Pre Action Company to Company|
Reviewing paperwork – drafting letter before action and updating client with any response received
|£75.00 + VAT|
|Company to Individual or Individual to Individual|
Obtaining instructions – review paperwork provided by client – drafting letter before action and Providing client with any response received any further work conducted under the pre-action protocol is charged at the hourly rate including Negotiations with the debtor and arranging a payment plan if debtor unable to pay debt in full And client’s will be given a costs estimate of any further costs that are likely to be incurred at that Stage.
If the matter cannot be settled and court proceedings have to be issued then fees are as follows:-
|£150.00 + VAT|
|Issue of Court Proceedings|
For preparing and issuing claim form including drafting particulars of claim and updating client Following issue of court proceedings.
|£225 + VAT|
|If the defendant does not file an Acknowledgment of Service and/or Defence within the relevant Timeframe as set out by the Court then completing Request for Judgment and filing this with the Court and obtaining Judgment in Default.|
If the claim is defended then the hourly charge will apply to all further work undertaken thereafter and client’s will be given a costs estimate of any further costs that are likely to be incurred at that stage. (See hourly rates on our solicitors’ hourly rate section).
|£75.00 + VAT|
|Court Fees (Disbursements)|
|Value of Claim||Fee payable|
Court Issued Claim
|Up to £300||£35|
|Greater than £300 but no more than £500||£50|
|Greater than £500 but no more than £1,000||£70|
|Greater than £1,000 but no more than £1,500||£80|
|Greater than £1,500 but no more than £3,000||£115|
|Greater than £3,000 but no more than £5,000||£205|
|Greater than £5,000 but no more than £10,000||£455|
|Greater than £10,000 but no more than £15,000||5% of the value of the claim|
|Greater than £15,000 but no more than £50,000|
|Greater than £50,000 but no more than £100,000|
Wills, Probate and Lasting Powers of Attorney Fees
|Type of Work||Price||Disbursements|
|Basic Wills||£185 plus VAT (single)|
£330 plus VAT (pair on mirror terms)
|Wills including right to occupy trust and Severance||£450 plus VAT (single)|
£700 plus VAT (pair on mirror terms)
|Will leaving residue on discretionary Trust||£500 plus VAT (single)|
£850 plus VAT (pair on mirror terms)
|Notice of Severance||£50 plus VAT||n/a|
|LASTING POWERS OF ATTORNEY*|
|Lasting Power of Attorney (single)||£400 plus VAT||£82 Registration fee to Office of the Public Guardian (or less if remission/exemption applicable)|
|Lasting Power of Attorney (husband and wife)||£600 plus VAT||£82 Registration fee to Office of the Public Guardian for each document = £164 (or less if remission/exemption applicable)|
|Lasting Power of Attorney for both Finances and Welfare (single)||£600 plus VAT||£82 Registration fee to Office of the Public Guardian for each document = £164 (or less if remission/exemption applicable)|
|Lasting Power of Attorney for both Finances and Welfare (husband and wife)||£1000 plus VAT||£82 Registration fee to Office of the Public Guardian for each document = £328 (or less if remission/exemption applicable)|
|Registration of Enduring Power of Attorney||£500 plus VAT||£82 Registration fee to Office of the Public Guardian (or less if remission/exemption applicable)|
|PROBATE – GRANT ONLY|
|IHT 205||£750 plus VAT||£273 Probate Registry court fee|
|IHT 205 including IHT 217||£1000 plus VAT||£273 Probate Registry court fee|
|IHT 400||£1500 plus VAT||£273 Probate Registry court fee|
|Updating HM Land Registry with DJP||£50 plus VAT||n/a|
PROBATE FULL ADMINISTRATION SERVICE
- Obtain valuations of all assets and liabilities passing by the will or intestacy and assets or gifts included for Inheritance Tax purposes
- Obtain information to finalise the income tax position to date of death
- Complete form IHT205/IHT400
- Complete Oath for Executors
- Complete s 27 notices to creditors (if required)
- Take instructions regarding the encashment or transfer of assets
- Register the Grant of Probate with each of the asset holding institutions
- Collect in the cash of the estate and transfer assets as instructed
- Complete income tax return for the administration period
- Complete estate accounts
- Obtain approval to estate accounts from Executors
- Complete bankruptcy searches against beneficiaries
We charge on a time-spent basis for this type of work. The exact costs for this service depend on the individual circumstances in the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple assets, beneficiaries and a property, costs will be at the higher end. An average estate with a property to be sold can usually be administered in between 20 and 30 hours. At Marsden Rawsthorn we have a large Wills, Trusts and Probate team with a varying degree of expertise and experience which means that we can deliver the most cost-efficient service to you. As a guide, 20 to 30 hours could equate to between £3,500 and £6,500 plus VAT and disbursements. The usual disbursements incurred include:
- Probate application fee £273
- Each additional copy Grant £1 (per copy)
- £7 Swearing of the Oath fee (per executor)
- Bankruptcy searches £2 (per beneficiary)
As a guide time-line, if Inheritance Tax is due on an estate, the IHT needs to be paid within 6 months from the date of death. It can tax anything from 12 months to 3 years to administer a large estate If HMRC investigate the valuations submitted. If the estate is not taxable, if there is a house to sell then it may take between 4 and 18 months to administer the estate. These are just guidelines and a lot of variables are involved.
Wills, Probate and Lasting Powers of Attorney Fees
Any Inheritance Tax or other taxes that may be due will be payable separately. You may find guidance and information on HMRC website useful: https://www.gov.uk/inheritance-tax
* If instructions for Lasting Powers of Attorney are given at the same time as Will instructions, a 10% reduction on the usual fixed fee for the Lasting Powers of Attorney will apply.
Price list – employment policies, unfair dismissal/discrimination procedures & contracts
|Full complete staff handbook, including a basic Section 1 Statement, Junior Employment Contract – Senior Employment Contract – Senior (long form) Employment Contract||£1750 + VAT|
|MINIMUM POLICIES & PROCEDURES WE RECOMMEND FOR ALL BUSINESSES|
|Disciplinary Rules & Procedures||£100 + VAT|
|Grievance Procedure||£100 + VAT|
|Ant-Harassment & Bullying||£100 + VAT|
|Health & Safety (5 or more employees)||£100 + VAT|
|Equal Opportunities||£100 + VAT|
|Sickness Absence||£100 + VAT|
|Whistleblowing||£100 + VAT|
|Data Protection||£100 + VAT|
|Anti-Bribery||£100 + VAT|
|GDPR Employee Policy||£100 + VAT|
|CONTRACTS OF EMPLOYMENT|
|Section 1 statement||£200 + VAT|
|Contract of Employment – Junior Employee||£300 + VAT|
|Contract of Employment – Senior Employee||£500 + VAT|
|Contract of Employment – Senior Employee (long form)||£600 + VAT|
|Our pricing for bringing or defending claims for unfair dismissal/discrimination (excluding Counsel’s fees)|
|Simple case||£5,000 to £,7500 + VAT|
|Medium complexity case||£7,500 to £9,000 + VAT|
|High complexity case Factors that could make a case more complex:||£12,000 to £15,000 + VAT|
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, contact us with details. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints within 3 working days.
What will happen next?
- The details will be handed to Paul Ridehalgh, the Client Care Director within 3 days of it being received in the office. A note of your complaint will be made in our Central Register who will write to you with an acknowledgement.
- Paul Ridehalgh will pass the details to the Head of the Department involved for them to investigate by considering the papers and discussing it with the member of staff about whom you complained. This investigation will take approximately 4 weeks. If your complaint relates to the Director supervising the Department then the investigation will be carried out by another Director.
- Within those 4 weeks, the Director will then write to you to confirm the investigations and agree on a way forward. It is hoped the complaint can be concluded to your satisfaction at this point.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved at this time, Paul Ridehalgh will take over the investigation of the complaint and you will have the opportunity to meet with him to discuss your concerns.
- Within 5 days of any meeting Paul Ridehalgh will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you, or in the absence of an agreement during any such meeting or if you do not request a meeting, he will consider your concerns afresh and will make a final decision and confirm this to you in writing within 4 weeks.
- At this time if you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman is unlikely to accept a complaint within 8 weeks of you notifying us of your dissatisfaction. You must contact them within 6 months of your last contact with us. The Ombudsman’s contact details are as follows: PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ (Tel: 0300 555 0333) or at www.legalombudsman.org.uk
- If you believe we have breached the SRA Principals then you should report the matter directly to the SRA. If you have unpaid professional fees then you can report us to the SRA but in limited circumstances. Full details are available at https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/report-solicitor/