Colleagues at Marsden Rawsthorn will be stepping out every day in March to support mental health and wellbeing charity Lancashire Women.
Workers have pledged to walk 10,000 steps every day of the month to raise vital funds for the charity’s latest campaign, Let’s march into March.
Lancashire Women is hoping participants will make the challenge part of their daily routine, providing an opportunity to improve their own mental wellbeing by getting out in the fresh air and exercising.
Marsden Rawsthorn has a long history of supporting good causes and colleagues from its Preston and Chorley offices have been keen to sign up to get involved.
Katy Rider, solicitor with the Dispute Resolution Team, who is coordinating Marsden Rawsthorn’s charity effort, said: “Lancashire Women provides services to improve the mental health and wellbeing of both men and women across the county, work that has become even more vital during the pandemic.
“At Marsden Rawsthorn, we wanted to make our own contribution to support this life-changing service by stepping out every day in March to raise funds. We hope the challenge will bring us together as a firm, at a time when many of us are working remotely, as well as using exercise to benefit our own mental wellbeing.”
Lancashire Women helps men and women across the county by providing:
- Counselling and mental health support – individual and group sessions (including, currently, simple coffee and chat groups). It is NHS commissioned and GPs can refer patients to its services.
- Employment skills support – helping men and women get back to work and learn new skills (including those who have suffered domestic abuse).
- Debt, money and benefits assistance.
- Assistance for those leaving the criminal justice system – rehabilitation, support around getting back to work and homelessness issues.
- Loneliness or anxiety support.
While the group does assist the vulnerable, in the current climate it actually provides services to a lot of professionals too. The only requirement to access services is to be a resident of Lancashire, there is no means test.
To donate to Marsden Rawsthorn’s challenge, visit the Just Giving page Marsden Rawsthorn Solicitors is fundraising for Lancashire Women (justgiving.com).