There is a 60km route and a 100km route0 starting and finishing in Burnley at Lowerhouse Cricket Club. You can join in the end celebrations from 12 noon!
We have the following staff cycling:
- Director and Head of Dispute Resolution, Karl Wilson, is cycling 60k!
- Associate Residential Conveyancer, John Hunter, is cycling 100k!
- Gillian Hodgson from our Business Support Team is cycling 60k!
If you have family or friends who may be interested, then they can sign up at Ride for Lancashire Women.
We have staff volunteering as marshals along the route and staff running a tombola staff and the end celebrations.
Lancashire Women still need more marshals – see their website and social media for more details.
We are very grateful for all donations and sponsorships in support of those who are braving this cycle challenge!
Here is the link to the JustGiving page for sponsors: Marsden Rawsthorn Solicitors is fundraising for Lancashire Women (justgiving.com) Last time we raised £1,150 with just one cyclist, so we are aiming to do better with three cyclists this time!
Why support Lancashire Women?
Lancashire Women service users across Lancashire in relation to the following:
- Counselling & mental health support – individual and group sessions (including, currently, simple coffee & chat groups). They are NHS commissioned and if you live in Lancashire and your GP refers you for counselling, Lancashire Women are one of the organisations you could be referred to (men and women of all ages).Employment skills support – helping men and women get back to work and learn new skills (including those who have suffered domestic abuse).
- Debt, money & benefits assistance.
- Assistance for those leaving the criminal justice system – rehabilitation, support around getting back to work and homelessness issues.
- Loneliness or anxiety support.
Lancashire Women support over 8600 individuals each year across Lancashire and offer a safe space for women to seek support. They also help men too with regard to mental health services.
The aftermath of COVID-19 is still being felt today and on top of this, struggles surrounding the increase in the cost of living have left the charity desperately in need of funding to continue to run the vital services.
£3 would ensure a hot drink and snacks are always available for a woman accessing the centre. £5 would fund resources to keep craft sessions available for a woman to attend. £10 would help us answer a call from a women worried about money issues. £20 would pay for a woman to access a therapeutic session.
For more details on Lancashire Women’s website https://lancashirewomen.org/ or for more information, call 01772 799600 to speak to a member of our Corporate Social Responsibility team. You can also email CSR@marsdenrawsthorn.com.