solicitors for you.
- Residential Conveyancing
- House Sales & Purchases
- Mortgage & Re-mortgage
- Part Exchange
- Transfer of Ownership
- Transfer of Equity
- Boundary Disputes
- Landlord & Tenant Disputes
- Declaration of Trust Deed
- Lease Extensions
- Flats & Apartments
- New Build Properties
- Right to Buy Schemes
- Buy to Let Sales & Purchases
solicitors for business.
Marsden Rawsthorn shortlisted in NWSCA Awards
Wednesday 20th November 2013
The North West Society of Chartered Accountants (NWSCA) has announced the shortlist for its upcoming accountancy and business awards, which are now in their tenth year.
We are pleased to be shortlisted in the Intermediary of the Year category. This is in recognition for the close working relationship we have with accountants across the region.
As part of our working relationship with accountants:
- We promote and host the Preston Tax Club in conjunction with the DTE Group which is held quarterly at our Faraday Court office in Fulwood – it is open to all tax and accounting professionals in the region for a regular "meeting of minds". It is aimed at sole practitioners and those working in smaller practice to discuss relevant issues. As part of the club meeting attendees receive a tax update presentation from Alan McCann, plus an update from a representative from the VAT People. We encourage guest speakers to provide additional training including topics such as data protection, the importance of auto-enrolment, employment law updates and funding.
- Marsden Rawsthorn also pro-actively participates in joint events and seminars with the Accounting industry to support the business and SME markets in the region.
- We host several networking events regularly attended by accountants including Shout Preston and we are part of several groups including Let's Do Business to encourage local businesses to work together.
- We support accountants in business dealings with their clients, including legal representation at meetings and dealing with the legal aspect of client business transactions such as restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, management buyouts, contracts commercial property purchases and refinancing.
- Our team also deals with enquiries from accountants relating to inheritance tax planning, associated with preparing wills, trusts and probate matters and other private client matters. In addittion we offer an open door to providing preliminary legal advice to accountants to ensure they correctly advise their clients on business matters. We also tailor our services according the accountants and their clients' needs.
The awards, which take place on 28 November at the Hilton Hotel in Blackpool, recognise the region’s best businesses and professionals across a range of industries.
The shortlist of seven categories is made up of 19 businesses from across Lancashire and South Lakeland, following a final decision from the judging panel comprising the competition's organisers and sponsors.
The winners will be announced at a glittering awards ceremony and black-tie dinner, hosted by journalist and broadcaster Tony Livesey, where they will receive recognition from industry professionals across the region and also be permitted to display the awards' logo on marketing materials.
See more news from 2013.
- Get To Know Our New Starters - Posted by A-1 on 2017-08-29
- Walk the Lights for Rosemere - Posted by A-1 on 2017-10-19
- Supporting Rosemere with staff Christmas Jumper Day - Posted by A-1 on 2017-12-15
- 10% off LPA when you do a Will at the same time - Posted by A-1 on 2017-10-13
- World Head and Neck Cancer Conference - Posted by A-1 on 2017-11-08
Stay in Touch
Stay in touch and up to date with our new focus newsletter
Events and Seminars