Family Finance Lawyers

Specialists in financial family law cases

What can our Family Finance Lawyers help you with?

Financial matters can cover:

  • Income
  • Property owned
  • Mortgages
  • Bank accounts held
  • Savings accounts held
  • Business assets
  • Child maintenance costs
  • Pensions
  • Endowment policies
  • Shares
  • Insurance policies
  • Debts

Our family finance lawyers have a wealth of experience in resolving financial and property issues following a divorce or separation and they are also skilled at dealing with high net worth matters. You can trust that your legal representative will strive to achieve the best possible settlement to protect you and your future and also that of any children involved.

Reaching an agreement on finances and property can often be challenging and complicated. Without a focused and pragmatic representative acting for you, legal fees can escalate rapidly and become disproportionate. Our family solicitors will bear legal costs in mind from day one and they will keep you fully updated throughout, ensuring that all the steps taken are tailored to what you can afford.

Most cases are settled by negotiation and don’t require a judge to determine who receives what proportion of the assets. However, our team are expert litigators and will robustly represent you in court should that be necessary. We can advise you on the many factors that a court would take into account when assessing how your assets should be divided up.

Obtaining a Court Order

Even where you have reached an agreement with your ex-partner on finances and property without the court’s involvement, we always advise you to obtain a court order to secure yourself against a future claim for financial support. Unless a legally binding agreement is in place, you or your ex-partner could make a claim even years down the line. Therefore, even if you reach an agreement with your ex-partner, voluntarily or through mediation you should have a lawyer advise you of the financial implications of what has been agreed and have this confirmed in a court order. The court order will be enforceable and this therefore will protect you should your former partner default on the agreement and/or make a future financial claim.

How else can we help?

When dealing with dividing finances and property you may need to instruct a number of other lawyers depending on your circumstances. Here at Marsden Rawsthorn, we can assist you with the related legal services you may need, keeping things more straightforward for you. For example;

  • Property Solicitors to deal with the sale, purchase, or transfer of property
  • Wills, Probate, Tax and Trust Solicitors to assist with updating your Will or LPA, creating a Trust or Tax Planning
  • Business Law Solicitors to assist with any family-owned business issues

For advice in respect of finances and property following a breakup, contact us on 01772 799 600 and we will put you in touch with one of our team.

Family Law Clinic

We offer a free family law clinic each week where new clients of the firm with family-related issues can have a free and confidential 30-minute consultation with one of our family lawyers. Please call us or click here for further information about when the next clinic is taking place.

Family Law

Services for You

Services for Business

Latest News

Choosing Schools for Separated Parents – Conflict Resolution


Choosing schools for separated parents can be a point of contention. When parents cannot agree, mediation or the courts are the only options. Read more here.

Marsden Rawsthorn family law team banner
Latest News

Our Family Legal Team is Featured in the Lancashire Evening Post


Family legal matters can be very overwhelming, which is why you should speak with one of our expert family legal team solicitors.

Divorce myths: We share the facts
Latest News

Divorce myths: We share the facts


If you're getting divorced you may have heard a few rumours about what to expect. Kim Emmett from our Family Law Team shares the facts here.

Do I need consent from my ex to take our child on holiday?
Latest News

Do you need permission from your ex to take your child on holiday?


You might be wondering whether you can take your child on holiday overseas without the consent of their other parent.... Lyndsey Kiley from our Family Law Team explains all.

Get a Residential Conveyance Quote

Need a quote for a residential conveyancing transaction? Try our quick and easy residential conveyancing calculator;

Pay your bill online

Easily pay your bill with us online through our payment portal. Secure and quick card payments through our payment provider World Pay.

Stay in Touch

Stay in touch and up to date with our new focus newsletter

    Man using a laptop to access Marsden Rawsthorn's website

    Contact Us

    Please complete the contact form, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

    Office Addresses

    3-4 Faraday Court
    Faraday Drive,
    PR2 9NB
    Opening Hours: Monday - Friday:
    9:00am to 5:00pm
    Office 21a,
    Strawberry Fields Digital Hub,
    Euxton Lane,
    PR7 1PS
    Opening Hours: Monday - Friday:
    9:00am to 5:00pm