Very often victims of poor cosmetic surgery who experience major physical, financial and psychological changes in their lives subsequently lose confidence and find it difficult to come forward to take legal advice about their situation. Our focus is on meeting with clients, in a discrete manner if necessary, to discuss what has happened and how we can help.
Our aim is to clearly understand and establish what has happened, what problems have been experienced, how it can be resolved and whether you are entitled to compensation.
Common areas of cosmetic surgery leading to compensation claims include:
- Breast enlargement and reduction – including possible scarring and uneven breasts.
- Rhinoplasty (nose re-shaping) – which can result in nostril collapse, lop-sided nostrils, a decreased sense of smell, blood clots and general deformities.
- Rhytidectomy (facelift) – which might have led to bad scarring around the ears, hair loss, facial discolouration and other unwanted symptoms.
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) – which can lead to blurred vision and bleeding.
- Liposuction (the removal of body fat) – which may have resulted in general deformity, no improvement seen and in some cases numbness or loss of sensation around the area of surgery.
- Otoplasty (ear re-shaping) – can result in no improvement, scarring or deformity.
- Tattoos – Injuries and medical side effects from tattoos.
This list is not exhaustive. If you believe a surgical treatment that you have received, either cosmetic or medical, has not been carried out properly, or has caused you considerable pain and suffering or has caused adverse side effects, contact us today to determine whether you are entitled to compensation.
Making the decision to undergo elective cosmetic surgery does not mean that you should suffer side effects and accept any complications which may result. You might be entitled to compensation and that compensation could assist in remedying the devastating problems you’re suffering.
For a free, no-obligation meeting to discuss your situation, please contact our dispute resolution team on 0800 294 4410.